Update - Backer Surveys and Quickstart Guide
over 1 year ago
– Tue, Apr 23, 2019 at 12:31:51 AM
Kickstarter has charged everyone's credit card and we're just waiting for the money to arrive in our bank account. We're still on track to send out the backer surveys on May 1, 2019.
Our team is hard at work on the Quickstart Guide. We're still on track for everyone to receive a copy by May 21, 2019.
Things are moving around a bit, but we're planning to provide this content in the guide:
- Chapter 1: History, Pantheon, Life in Vodari
- Chapter 2: A Quick Tour of Vodari (a limited gazetteer of the islands of Vodari which will be expanded for the final book)
- Chapter 3: Character Options (a limited look at the Races, Gunslinger Class, Subclasses, Backgrounds, and Feats that will be in the final book)
- Chapter 4: Equipment (a limited look at the Weapons, Armor, Gear, Musical Instruments, and Trinkets that will be in the final book)
- Chapter 5: Spells & Magic Items (limited selection of spells and items that will be in final book)
- Chapter 6: Running Campaigns in Vodari (limited selection of tools and tables that will be in final book)
- Chapter 7: Allies & Adversaries (limited selection of NPCs and Factions that will be in final book)
- Chapter 8: Monsters (limited selection of monsters that will be in final book)
Starter Adventure - The Island with No Name
World Map PDF/JPG (concept only, not the final map)
The guide is looking like it will be a little longer than the 50+ pages promised and will contain lots of support for players in seafaring campaigns and a starter adventure. Much of the gamemaster content won't be available until the final book, but we're providing limited samples of everything for the guide. Our early-access backers will see content before everyone else.
The guide is likely to get updates, so we'll recommend that everyone avoid printing it. The guide will have limited formatting versus the final book, so it will be print friendly for those who want to print.
525% Funded & What's Next
over 1 year ago
– Fri, Apr 12, 2019 at 10:28:49 PM
Thank you backers, we reached 525% of our funding goal. This is incredible and we couldn't have done it without your support.
Our Kickstarter is over, but we will still be sending regular updates on progress and when anything is being made available to backers.
1) Backer Surveys - Right now we're just waiting for everything to clear over the next couple of weeks between Kickstarter, Backerkit and the bank. We'll be sending the backer survey sometime around May 1, 2019. If you were notified by Kickstarter about an issue processing your payment today, please try to fix any issues ASAP to avoid having your pledge dropped from the Kickstarter and losing out on your reward.
2) Quickstart Guide - We're working hard on the Quickstart Guide which you'll be getting in May. Our goal is for everyone to have it around May 21, 2019. The guide is likely to get updates, so we'll recommend that everyone avoid printing it. Since the quickstart will have less formatting and polish than the final book, it will be it will be print friendly for those who want to print.
3) Preorders - We have set-up Backerkit with a pre-order storefront. You might notice the prices are just a little higher than the prices of the rewards and add-ons during the Kickstarter. No worries, any backers who want to bump up their pledge level or grab add-ons will still be able to get the same price as the Kickstarter when the surveys are sent out.
50K - Under the Seas of Vodari (PDF) Stretch Goal Unlocked
over 1 year ago
– Fri, Apr 12, 2019 at 08:25:18 PM
Well it happened. What recently was that far off 50k stretch goal has been smashed through! Thank you everyone for this incredible final push.
I can now officially state that we'll be sending a PDF copy of Under the Seas of Vodari to all of our backers. Under the Seas of Vodari will provide players and gamemasters with more materials for undersea adventures or even entire aquatic campaigns. Under the Seas of Vodari will be delivered to backers in early 2020.
We're looking to provide a PDF with the following content:
- Undersea weapons, armor, and other equipment
- Player options such as subclasses, races, backgrounds, and feats
- Gazetteer of the aquatic peoples of Vodari including the Sirens, Mechafish, Vodas, and Aurirn (Sea Dwarves)
- Undersea NPCs and monsters
- Rules and advice for gamemasters running aquatic campaigns
Rich Howard (I believe he is a secret amphibious human) will be leading the charge on this PDF. Rich has worked on and released a ton of undersea content for RPGs. We couldn't have offered the Under the Seas of Vodari PDF without having Rich's knowledge and creativity onboard.
While we're out of stretch goals, the more this Kickstarter funds in the last 2 hours, the more amazing artwork, maps, and other content we can get into the book. Thanks again to all of our backers for the incredible support you have shown by backing this and by telling your friends, family, gamemasters, players, and social media about the KS.
40K Stretch Goal Unlocked - Two More Additional Subclasses
over 1 year ago
– Wed, Apr 10, 2019 at 10:17:51 PM
What an amazing day of support! Thank you to all of our new and existing backers.
Now that the 40K stretch goal is unlocked, we'll be adding two more subclasses to the book.
Over the past week many of you shared your ideas for subclass concepts you'd like to see in the book. There were some great ideas and we're working to get some of them in the book as subclasses or in other ways such as with a feat or equipment.
Here's a rough sketch for two of the first twelve subclasses. Any idea what class/subclass combo these could be?
Don't forget to follow us on social media.
Daniels Maps is Onboard
over 1 year ago
– Wed, Apr 10, 2019 at 07:58:39 PM
This is a quick announcement to let everyone know that Daniels Maps will be working with us on the Seas of Vodari.
If you're unfamiliar with Daniel's work, check out it out at https://www.danielsmaps.com.
Also, here's an example commission.