The Seas of Vodari - Swashbuckling and Sorcery for 5th Edition
Created by The Seas of Vodari - Tribality Publishing
Everything you need to run exciting seafaring campaigns full of swashbuckling action and magical adventure for Fifth Edition.
Latest Updates from Our Project:
Seas of Vodari Quickstart Guide Feedback Survey
about 1 year ago
– Sat, Jun 22, 2019 at 12:18:20 AM
This post is for backers only. Please visit Kickstarter.com and log in to read.
about 1 year ago
– Wed, Jun 12, 2019 at 10:37:02 PM
I thought it would be a good idea to put out a general update on the project.
1) We have reached out to our Shipbuilder and Explorer backers. They are working up their ideas for their ships and islands. The ideas so far have been great and they'll all be great additions to the book.
2) Writing the book continues and we are still on target for our November release. Right now we are focused on finishing up the races and classes chapters.
The stats for both the Taur and Siren are done and we are just writing up their place in the world.
Along the gunslinger class and 7 subclasses you saw in the Quickstart Guide, we're working on the remaining subclasses for the book.
If anyone hasn't received their Quickstart Guide, please reach out to us and we'll figure out the issue.
3) 95% of our backers have completed their backer survey on Backerkit. Thanks! If you haven't completed your survey yet, please do. I recently sent out a reminder email with a link.
4) We will be sending out a survey for feedback on the Quickstart Guide later this month. A link to the survey will be posted in a future message to backers only.
5) All of our early access backers should expect to see an updated document by the end of the month with the new races and classes content and some other extras.
6) In July we'll be moving 100% into focusing on finishing up the Monsters, Islands, Spells, Magic Items, and GM stuff such as random tables, rules for duels, etc.
Quickstart Guide Released
about 1 year ago
– Fri, May 24, 2019 at 01:21:28 AM
The Quickstart Guide and digital world map have been sent out to all of our Quartermaster backers and higher. The content and art we have shared so far is limited and not finalized, but it does provide a sample of what the final book will be.
This material should be considered playtest ready, but not final. The guide may get updates as feedback comes in, so we'll recommend that everyone avoid printing it. We provided a low ink version for those who want to print.
We're hoping to get your feedback soon and will be sending out a feedback survey in June.
The 63 page Quickstart Guide includes:
Chapter 1: History, Pantheon, Life in Vodari
Chapter 2: A Quick Tour of Vodari (a limited gazetteer of the islands of Vodari which will be expanded for the final book)
Chapter 3: Character Options (4 racial options, gunslinger class with 3 subclasses, 7 subclasses for PHB classes, backgrounds, and feats)
Chapter 4: Equipment (a limited look at the weapons, armor, gear, musical instruments, and trinkets that will be in the final book)
Chapter 5: Magic Items & Spells (limited selection of spells and items that will be in final book)
Chapter 6: Ships & Cannons (limited selection of ships and cannons that will be in final book)
Chapter 7: Allies & Adversaries (limited selection of monsters and NPCs and Factions that will be in final book)
Chapter 8: Starter Adventure - The Island with No Name
With the guide complete, we're going to focus on the following right away:
Seas of Vodari themed character sheets
Siren and Taur racial options
7 more subclasses
Location maps and more digital art
Gamemaster content such as scenarios, swashbuckling rules, and random tables
Polishing and expanding out the content not found in the quickstart
Early Access backers will continue to see new and expanded content as it is ready.
Quickstart Guide Update
about 1 year ago
– Mon, May 20, 2019 at 11:37:06 PM
The quickstart guide is now 100% written and will be 70+ pages versus the original 50+ pages promised during the campaign.
The quickstart is coming out in May as promised. We had hoped to get it out tomorrow (May 21), but we need just a little more time to complete layout.
Early Access backers have already received the simple formatted version of the Quickstart (minus the adventure) last week. They will receive an updated PDF tomorrow with the adventure and will continue to receive updates over the summer as we add finished content.
Backer Surveys Update
over 1 year ago
– Wed, May 01, 2019 at 10:26:19 PM
Here is a quick update about the backer surveys which we estimated would go out today (May 1, 2019).
1) The money from Kickstarter is in the bank, so we are all clear and ready to send out backer surveys.
2) We're currently waiting on final approval of our surveys from Backerkit before we can send them out. We expect approval by tomorrow or Friday at the latest. We'll start by sending out a test to 5% of you and then everyone else will receive their survey shortly after.