Seas of Vodari & Under the Seas of Vodari Quickstart - Updated Files Sent
about 2 months ago
– Tue, Mar 30, 2021 at 10:01:19 PM
We have sent out the following digital rewards to all Seas of Vodari Kickstarter backers.
- Under the Seas of Vodari - Quickstart Guide PDF v0.3
Under the Seas of Vodari - Digital World Map v1
- The Seas of Vodari PDF v1.5
- The Seas of Vodari PDF v1.5 (Low Ink)
The Seas of Vodari Errata v1.5
Please don't forget to follow us on social media and join our Discord server. That way you'll never miss out on art previews and other updates (between our regular updates we'll send via Kickstarter).
Under the Seas of Vodari Kickstarter - Fully Funded with 15 Hours to Go
2 months ago
– Fri, Mar 05, 2021 at 09:48:13 PM
Our Under the Seas of Vodari Kickstarter campaign is fully funded and has unlocked 14 stretch goals!
Under the Seas of Vodari was unlocked as our CA$50k stretch goal during the original The Seas of Vodari Kickstarter campaign. We planned on only delivering a 50 page PDF, but that plan has expanded into a full 200+ page book. Everyone who was a backer during our original Kickstarter campaign will receive a PDF of this expanded book at no extra cost.
We are moving into the final 15 hours of our current Kickstarter campaign. I wanted to send this update so that anyone who might want more than just the PDF doesn't miss out. If you are interested in getting a hardcover copy of this new book, a physical map of the undersea world, undersea digital character art and tokens, or the undersea digital map pack, please visit our Kickstarter page.
Whether you decide to back our new Kickstarter or just enjoy your Under the Seas of Vodari PDF, thank you for helping us bring Vodari to life in 2019.
Under the Seas of Vodari - Coming to Kickstarter February 3rd, 2021 at 12:00 pm EST
3 months ago
– Tue, Feb 02, 2021 at 05:58:47 PM
Under the Seas of Vodari Kickstarter Arrives Tomorrow
Thank you for your past support of The Seas of Vodari. We wanted to reach out to you to let you know that the Kickstarter to fund Under the Seas of Vodari is finally about to arrive on February 3rd, 2021 at 12:00 pm EST.
This 200 plus page book shares the swashbuckling inspiration of the original, but dives under the waves... where the familiar becomes surprising, alien, and even terrifying.
Gamemasters will find support to run a single adventure or entire campaign AND an undersea world full of interesting people, places, monsters, and more.
Players will find tons of options for creating an undersea character OR equipping their surface-dwelling adventurer.
Visit the Under the Seas of Vodari Kickstarter pre-launch page so you can be notified when our Kickstarter launches tomorrow.
Under the Seas of Vodari Quickstart Guide Released
5 months ago
– Tue, Dec 22, 2020 at 01:11:51 PM
It's been a while since our last update in October. We've been busy with final bits of writing, editing, and layout. We're excited to be releasing the Under the Seas of Vodari Quickstart Guide in 2020!!!
Under the Seas of Vodari Quickstart Guide Details
Under the Seas of Vodari Quickstart Guide Details
- All of our paid Kickstarter backers should have received a link to download the Under the Seas of Vodari Quickstart Guide via BackerKit.
- When we decided to offer this stretch goal back in 2019, we expected that the PDF would be a small little PDF clocking in at around 50 pages. Thanks to your interest and encouragement we pushed the Quickstart Guide out to 126 pages. The final release will have an even bigger page count with even more artwork, player options, a level 3-5 undersea adventure, monsters stats, ...
- This is not the final book. Development of the final Under the Seas of Vodari PDF and hardcover release will continue in 2021. If you have ideas for content you'd like to see in the final book, let us know.
- Once everyone has had a chance to read through the Quickstart Guide, we'll send out a survey in the new year.
Please contact email@example.com for any questions, comments, or issues. Don't be afraid to say hi in the comments below and let us know what you think of this update.
Under the Seas of Vodari Kickstarter
- We plan to launch a Kickstarter campaign in Q1 2021 to fund the printing of a hardcover version of Under the Seas of Vodari.
- All Seas of Vodari Kickstarter backers just received the Under the Seas of Vodari Quickstart Guide PDF (see above) and will also get the final Under the Seas of Vodari PDF at no cost in 2021.
- The final release of the book (PDF and hardcover) will be delivered in 2021 after the Kickstarter campaign and will include even more content as we unlock stretch goals for additional artwork, locations, player options, monsters, and even underwater vehicles.
- If you don't want a hardcover, no worries. The more funding the Kickstarter raises, the bigger and better the final PDF (that Kickstarter backers like you receive at no cost) will be - even if you don't back it.
- For people who don't have a hardcover copy of The Seas of Vodari, we'll be offering it as a bundle/add-on in the Kickstarter.
The Seas of Vodari - October 2020 Update
7 months ago
– Wed, Oct 21, 2020 at 08:57:23 PM
Here are the latest announcements from the Seas of Vodari team.
Under the Seas of Vodari - Hardcover Kickstarter
The interest in Under the Seas of Vodari expressed by so many of you has been amazing and encouraging. What was once planned as just a stretch goal add-on has turned into something bigger.
- We have decided to greatly expand the book from a simple stretch goal PDF to a full-size book available in hardcover and PDF.
- We plan to launch a Kickstarter campaign in Q1 2021 to fund the printing of a hardcover version of Under the Seas of Vodari (and hopefully add in some additional content too).
- This Kickstarter will have no impact on our 2020 release. All Seas of Vodari Kickstarter backers will get both the Under the Seas of Vodari Quickstart PDF (see below) in 2020 and the final Under the Seas of Vodari expanded PDF at no cost in 2021.
- The final release of the book (PDF and hardcover) will be delivered in 2021 after the Kickstarter campaign and will hopefully include even more content as we unlock stretch goals for additional artwork, locations, player options, monsters, and even underwater vehicles.
- The more funding the Kickstarter raises, the bigger and better the final PDF (that Kickstarter backers receive at no cost) will be.
Under the Seas of Vodari - 2020 Quickstart Release
- Under the Seas of Vodari development continues and we're on track to provide a Quickstart release of the book to backers by the end of 2020. The book is already bigger than what we expected to send out thanks to your interest and excitement.
- This is not the final book (see Kickstarter above). It will however contain most of what you'll need to begin your adventures under the sea, similar to the final Seas of Vodari Quickstart Guide.
- All Seas of Vodari Kickstarter backers will receive a link via email to download the Under the Seas of Vodari Quickstart PDF at no cost via BackerKit by the end of 2020.
- The final release of the book will be delivered in 2021 after the Kickstarter campaign (see above) and will include any stretch goal content. Just to state it again... all Kickstarter backers will also receive this PDF at no cost as part of your original Seas of Vodari Kickstarter pledge in 2019.
Here are some updates on the various sections of the book.
- Ch. 1: Welcome to the Undersea World - Writing
- Ch. 2: An Undersea World to Explore (Gazeteer) - Finishing up the Midnight Depths and Wild Seas. Editing the Sunlit Seas and Twilight Waters.
- Ch. 3: The Undersea People - Editing and sample layout tests (two layouts shared in this announcement)
- Ch. 4: Player Options - See below
- Ch. 5: Equipment - Editing/playtest feedback and includes new armor made from seaweave, chitin, and options and weapons such as spearguns and harpoons.
- Ch. 6: Magic Items & Spells - We're still working on some new magic items. We're at the editing stage for around 15 brand new underwater spells.
- Ch. 7: Undersea Adventures - Writing and playtesting
- Ch. 8: Allies & Adversaries - We have a number of monsters in various stages from design to editing. We're excited to be able to share details on our monster list soon.
For Ch. 4 - Player Options, the following new subclasses are complete and being playtested/edited. We now have 9 brand new undersea subclasses for this book so far.
- Barbarian: Path of the Wild Hunter - Connect with the Wild Seas to become a deadly hunter
- Cleric: Ocean Domain - Channel the volatile power of the ocean for protection and vengeance
- Monk: Way of the Dancing Current - Channel ki with techniques that mix dance with martial arts
- Rogue: Dreadmask - Wear monstrous masks to terrify enemies
Let us know what else you're hoping to see in the book.
The Seas of Vodari has moved from the Backerkit pre-order store to being hosted on our Tribality Publishing store. Visit https://www.tribality.com/store/ to view our entire Tribality Publishing catalog.
- All backer orders that could be shipped, were shipped between late May to mid-June 2020.
- Orders to Argentina, Chile, Uruguay, South Africa, Malaysia, and the Philippines that were delayed due to COVID-19 restrictions. These books have been sent out and most have arrived.
- If you're a backer from anywhere who ordered a hardcover book or map and you have not received your shipment, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Follow Us & Join the Community
If you haven't already, please follow The Seas of Vodari to keep up to date on the latest stuff or join our Discord channel or Subreddit.
That's it for this month. Happy adventuring!